I learned to microwave my sweet potatoes last year. And boy are they easy & delicious! I feel bad for borrowing that image above, but I never did take a picture of my sweet potatoes that I made in 2013. Be sure you check out the blog The Cutting Back Kitchen. For low-budget recipes that are wonderful!
To microwave a sweet potato:
- Scrub the potatoes clean.
- Poke holes in each potato a few times with a fork.
- Place in a microwavable dish with a splash of water.
- Microwave for about 5-10 minutes, flipping potato half way through.
- Serve with butter & salt, or with brown sugar & marshmallow.