On of my favorite blogs to read everyday is A Beautiful Mess. These two sisters post a few time each day about recipes, crafts, DIY, home decor, photography, etc. Have you read it? You totally should. They are pretty trendy right now.
Earlier in the summer, the posted a recipe for Blackberry Cobbler that I had to try. Their recipe made 4 servings, but I decided to make only two for a date night at home. I found these cute ramekins at a garage sale this summer. They worked perfectly!
- 8 oz fresh blackberries
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 egg
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBP melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together blackberries and brown sugar
- Divide in half into each ramekins
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Whisk in egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix in butter to make a paste.
- Pour batter over the berries.
- Bake in over for 25-35 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.