- I am beset by chronic soul amnesia. I empty of truth and need the refilling. (p. 106)
- I must be Sehnsucht for beauty --- to long for (sehnen) like mania (sucht). (p. 109)
- I pay tribute to God by paying attention. (p. 111)
- I smile under the moon. For God is happiest of all. Joy is God's life. (p. 117)
- The art of deep seeing makes gratitude possible. And it is the art of gratitude that makes joy possible. Isn't joy the art of God? (p. 118)
This lady is busy. Busy in mind and life. Her list sits untouched as she makes dinner, cleans house, and chases after six kids. Then something catches her eye outside. Her husband notices too and gives her the permission. He will serve dinner and she can go. She does. She runs. Grabs her camera. And sprints. Outside. Looks up. & keeps running. God caught her attention with a beautiful August harvest moon.
Has God ever done that to me? Made me stop what I was doing to marvel at his beauty? Do I long for beauty like mania? Do I long for anything like mania? I do not know. But I want to long for God's joy like mania. To be utterly joyful. Because that is the art of God.
And how do I get there? This lady suggests being grateful. Showing gratitude. How do I show gratitude? By looking & seeing. Deep seeing. Like seeing a harvest moon and getting a closer look. To bask in that seeing and finding joy.
Making this list will help.
Click here to see my growing list of gratitude.
Click here to read my thoughts on previous chapters.
Click here to link-up your own thoughts.