This was one of the first projects I made using my new sewing machine last year (along with the T-shirt quilt). Super easy & a great way to get to learn how to use my new machine.
Another thing I like about this toothbrush holder is that it also functions as a washcloth! -- a great space-saver when it comes to packing!
Here's what I used:
- a washcloth
Here's what I did: (hope you enjoy my professional quality diagrams)
- start with the washcloth with the corners straight up and out
- pin the bottom three corners together (depicted below)
- sew from the new bottom right corner to the center (being careful not to accidentally sew to the backside)
- sew from the new bottom left corner to the center (these 2 step depicted below)
- on each side of the center, sew a straight line through all layers (the three sections should be big enough to hold 2 toothbrushes & a tube of toothpaste
) (this step depicted below)
- insert toothbrush & paste, toss in your suitcase & enjoy convenient dental hygiene on an awesome road trip!