This post is about a month late... but what can I say...
For Valentine's Day I made the Mr. a strawberry pie. I was writing a blog post about cream cheese pie crust over at Little House Living, and thought a strawberry pie fit in perfectly with such a romantic holiday. Don't you think?
I searched on search online for the perfect recipe to try, and ended up mixing a few recipes together, and I quite like how it turned out.
- 1 pie crust, baked
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 3/4 cup water
- whipped cream
- line the baked pie crust with 1/2 of the strawberries
- in a saucepan, combine the other half of the strawberries with the sugar and boil on medium heat
- in a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch, and gradually pour into saucepan and mix with strawberry mixture
- reduce heat, stir constantly until mixture thickens
- pour the mixture over the berries in the pie crust
- refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- cover with whipped cream (or add dollops as desired)
- & enjoy!
Be sure to check out the pie crust recipe on LHL!