We have been making our own ice creams since we received our ice cream maker in the mail as a wedding gift from some lovely friends. My mom also gave me her Ben & Jerry's cook book to compliment the present. Needless to say, our home is fill with delicious frozen treats quite often. =)
Ingredients: (Makes one quart)
- 2/3 cup of chopped Thin Mint chunks
- 2 large eggs (this grosses me out, as it does a lot of people, it is OK to make your ice cream with out them, but advise you eat it right away because the ice cream won't store well)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 5ish drops of green food coloring
- after crunching up the cookies, place in the refrigerator.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl until light & fluffy.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time.
- Pour in cream & milk and whisk to blend.
- Add peppermint extract & food coloring and blend again.
- Transfer this mixture to your ice cream maker
- Follow your maker's manufacturer's freezing inctructions.
- After ice cream stiffens, just before it is done, add the cookies and continue freezing until it is the right, creamy consistency.
- and enjoy!
Do you make your own ice cream? What is your favorite flavor? Leave your comments below.