Yesterday I wrote about the importance of finding contentment in the waiting (that was after posting a long rant about God's timing). Currently we are simply waiting in my sister's basement. We jobless & homeless. Waiting for our Zimbabwean work visas so we can buy our tickets & fly to Zimbabwe to be missionaries for Jesus. Who knows how long we will wait? A couple more weeks? 2-3 months? Longer?
We know it's important to find contentment in this waiting period, but HOW? What can I DO now?
Here are 5 Ways to Find Contentment in the Waiting:
- PrayCommunicate with God. Tell Him your frustrations. Ask Him those big questions. Rant. Cry. Pray silently. Pray allowed when along on a prayer walk. Pray on paper in your journal. Come before Him humbled and ask Him for guidance. Ask Him for comfort. Ask Him to move. Ask Him to be enough.
- Read the BibleHe has left answers, comfort, & guidance for you in His Word. He has made you promises that He will not back down on. Read those truths & memorize them. No one can ever take those truths away from you if you memorize them and engrave them into your heart & mind.
- Embrace CommunityThe people you know have been through similar experiences, and they can share insights with you. Sometimes they can see the bigger picture. They can embrace you with their hearts & with their arms to bring you confidence & comfort. They can point you in a different direction so you can learn something new about yourself & about the Almighty.
- EnjoyDo what you find enjoyable. Do something for fun. Go hiking. Watch your favorite TV show. Complete a craft. Play with kiddos. Play a game. Hit the slopes & go skiing. Just because you are waiting on the Lord to fulfill your destiny, does not mean you have to sit on a chair all day (unless you are caught up in a really good book).
- RelaxWhen the waiting is over, there might not be much time for relaxing. For waiting. Take a nap. Take a chill pill. Don't stress. Drink plenty of water & eat plenty of protein. You're going to need it later.
What are your favorite ways to find contentment in the waiting? Anything to add to my list?