I know the hubs isn't a huge fan of eggplant, but he loves lasagna, so what better recipe to try than eggplant parmesan. It's like lasagna, replacing the noodles with sliced eggplant. Delicious!
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 c dried bread crumbs
- 2.5 c spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg then coat in bread crumbs.
- Bake in single layer on baking sheet for 5 minutes on each side
- Spread thin layer of sauce over bottom of 9x13 baking dish
- Layer eggplant, cheese, and sauce until gone.
- Sprinkle cheese and seasoning over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- & Enjoy!