In order to make our apartment patio more friendly to people and nature a like, I made a bird feeder. Isn't it cute? I found an old coffee can at a rummage sale and was inspired. The hubs and I love to watch birds fly to the can and eat. Just our way of giving back. =)
- old coffee can with lid
- hot glue & gun
- bird seed
- cute coffee can lid in half
- hot glue (or super glue) to the coffee can
- make a sturdy rope with yarn.
- (i used three pieces of yarn, wrapped them around the can and attached, and tied the yarn together in several spots)
- fill can with bird seed
- hang from the roof or wall
My in-laws gave me another bird feeder for my birthday. It is more conventional. But the birds seem to love both of them equally. They will fly from one feeder to the next. Silly birds. Maybe I should buy different seed so they have more variety when they fly to the other bird feeder.
So what do you think? Do you like this idea? Will you be making one of your own?
Let me know your thoughts.